Privacy Notice – Employees
(for Privacy Notice – Service Users and Third Parties …read here)
1. Business Details
This is the privacy notice of Jaffray Care, in relation to Service Users and third parties.
Jaffray Care’s registered office is:
White House, 39 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B28 8BG.
Jaffray Care is registered with CQC for residential and nursing care at:
The Whitehouse, 39 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8BG
15-17 Parkfields Crescent, Parkfields, Wolverhampton, WV2 2DF
19-31 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8BG
57 and 59 Marsh Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6HX
27-29 Tudor Gardens, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6FD
Jaffray Care is registered with CQC to provide domiciliary care services at:
White House, 39 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B28
Jaffray Care also provides daycare services at:
55 Marsh Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6HX
2. Aims of the Notice
Jaffray Care is data controller for all personal data processed by Jaffray Care or on our behalf. Jaffray Care is required by law to tell you about your rights and our obligations in collecting and processing your personal information. We have a range of policies and procedures to ensure that any personal information you supply is only with your active consent, has a legal basis, is held securely and treated confidentially in line with applicable regulations. We list relevant documents in Section 6 and can make them available.
3.What Personal Information We Collect About Employees:
Employees (volunteers): the service operates a recruitment policy and all information obtained:
Individual details – name, address (and proof of address), other contact details (e.g. email and telephone details), gender, marital status, family details, date and place of birth, employer, job title and employment history.
Identification details – identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies (e.g. national insurance number, passport number, ID number, tax identification number, driver’s license number).
Financial information – bank account number and account details, income and other financial information.
Health data – current or former physical or mental medical conditions, health status, injury or disability information, medical procedures performed, relevant personal habits (e.g. smoking or consumption of alcohol), prescription information, medical history;
Driving information – Past accidents, insurance cancellation/refusal/declination, driving convictions, medical conditions, medication
Criminal records data – criminal convictions, including driving offences; and
Personnel records – disciplinary records, training records, qualifications
Other Special Categories of Personal Data – racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, surveillance footage, data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation;
The above information is kept securely in various files, of which a full list contained within the Information Asset Register. The legal basis for processing this information is compliance with legal obligations, or to fulfil our contractual obligations.
Failure to provide required data may restrict the ability of Jaffray Care to provide its service or fulfil our contact. Employees are aware of their right to access information.
4. How We Collect Information
We may collect your non-sensitive personal information and sensitive personal information:
- Face-to-face (directly from you)
- Via your application Form
- From your previous employers via a reference – references
- By telephone
- By email
- Overt Surveillance Cameras
5. What We Do with Your Personal Information
We will only use employee information in the provision of completing the public services we provide; nursing, residential, daycare, domiciliary and supporting living care; to meet regulatory requirements, such as CQC and any regional local authority audits; to comply with legal requirements, such as criminal justice and safeguarding; or for the completion of your ‘Contract of Employment’.
We use your information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business;
- Send you important information about changes to our policies or services, other terms and conditions and other administrative information;
- Make decisions about whether to provide insurance cover;
- Provide, where relevant, occupational health services
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to providing care; auditing; finance and accounting; payroll; billing and collections; IT systems; business continuity; and record management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access, correction or removal;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations such as; complying with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities and litigation; and
- Your information will only be used for the above-mentioned purposes and will never be sold or rented.
Sharing of Information
If deemed necessary for the provision of completing the public service as above, to comply with legal requirements, or for the completion of your ‘Contract of Employment’, for example providing you with the insurance cover or health services you are entitled to under the Agreement; Jaffray Care may make your information available to:
- External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, payroll providers, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; travel and medical assistance providers; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; claim investigators and adjusters; translators; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities;
- Governmental authorities, any executive non-departmental public body associated with the Department of Health and Social Care (such as CQC) and third parties involved in court actions, including, but not limited to, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies; third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other third parties, such as emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services); medical networks, organizations and providers; travel carriers; and other people involved in an incident that is the subject of a claim.
Employee information will only be shared as above in the public interest or with consent.
The only exception will be when we are required by law to provide information e.g. criminal investigation, or overriding legitimate interest, which overrides your rights and freedoms.
6. How We Keep Your Information Safe
We have a range of practices and policies designed to keep your information safe. Including, but not limited to:
- IT security
- Data Protection Inspections
- Accessing files
- Information Asset Register
- Data & Network Security Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Protection Training Policy
- Confidentiality Clause and Use of Information Policy
- Record Management, Retention and Disposal Policy
- Data Breach Policy & Procedure
- Cyber Essentials Certification
7. How Can Personal Information Held by Jaffray Care be Accessed
There are procedures in place to enable employees to access their information. The right to access includes both the information and any uses which we might have made of the information.
The right to access your personal information – Subject to any relevant exemptions, you are entitled to see a copy of the personal information that we hold about your and can request details of how we use your personal information. To exercise this right, please contact us. There will not usually be a charge for dealing with requests, except in certain circumstances.
The right to rectification – We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is reliable and as accurate and complete as necessary for its intended purposes; but you are entitled to ask us to update or amend any inaccuracies in the information held. To request us to update or amend any personal information, please contact us.
Other rights – Under certain conditions, you may also have the right to:
- Delete personal information where we no longer have grounds to retain it.
- Where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent.
If you contact us to exercise any of these rights, we will reply to confirm your right to do so and respond in most cases within 30 days.
8. How Long We Keep Information
We have a record retention policy that is strictly adhered to, that meets regulatory, statutory and good practice requirements.
Retention is recorded in the Information Asset Register which is reviewed and updated regularly.
9. How We Keep our Privacy Notices up to Date
The staff appointed to control the process of personal information are designated to assess all privacy risks continuously and to carry out periodic reviews of the policies annually.
10. How to Contact Us
Jaffray Care is data controller for all personal data processed by Jaffray Care or on our behalf. Any issues relating to the processing of personal data by or on behalf of the Jaffray Care may be addressed to:
39 Jaffray Crescent
Telephone: 0121 377 2420
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be available to you via internal memos.
Date of Review: 20th of September 2019