Privacy Notice – Service Users and Third Parties
(for Privacy Notice – Employees …read here)
1. Business Details
This is the privacy notice of Jaffray Care, in relation to Service Users and third parties.
Jaffray Care’s registered office is:
White House, 39 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B28 8BG.
Jaffray Care is registered with CQC for residential and nursing care at:
The Whitehouse, 39 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8BG
15-17 Parkfields Crescent, Parkfields, Wolverhampton, WV2 2DF
19-31 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8BG
57 and 59 Marsh Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6HX
27-29 Tudor Gardens, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6FD
Jaffray Care is registered with CQC to provide domiciliary care services at:
White House, 39 Jaffray Crescent, Erdington, Birmingham, B28
Jaffray Care also provides daycare services at:
55 Marsh Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6HX
2. Aims of the Notice
Jaffray Care is data controller for all personal data processed by Jaffray Care or on our behalf. Jaffray Care is required by law to tell you about your rights and our obligations in collecting and processing your personal information. We have a range of policies and procedures to ensure that any personal information that is processed has a legal or is processed with your active consent, and is held securely and treated confidentially in line with applicable regulations. We list relevant documents in Section 6 and can make them available.
3.What Personal Information We Collect About:
1) Service Users; 2) Third Parties
- Service Users: – as a registered provider, we must collect information on service users, including:
– Individual details – name, address (and proof of address), other contact details (e.g. email and telephone details), gender, marital status, family details, date and place of birth.
– Identification details – identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies (e.g. national insurance number, passport number, ID number, tax identification number).
– Health data – current or former physical or mental medical conditions, medication administration records, health status, injury or disability information, medical procedures performed, relevant personal habits (e.g. smoking or consumption of alcohol), prescription information, medical history, ongoing records e.g. care plans;
– Other Special Categories of Personal Data – racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, surveillance footage, data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation;
- Third Parties: – personal information is obtained about others associated with the delivery of care services, including suppliers, contractors, visitors etc, which will be protected in the same way as information on service users and employees.
The above information is kept securely in various files, of which a full list contained within the Information Asset Register, all of which are subject to strict security and authorised access policies. The legal basis for processing this information is in the public interest (performance of task carried out by a public authority or private organisation acting in the public interest, in this case the provision of safe and effective care and support).
Failure to provide required data may restrict the ability of Jaffray Care to provide its service or fulfil our contact.
Where possible, service users are informed of their right to access information and any restrictions to the information provided.
4. How We Collect Information
We may collect your non-sensitive personal information and sensitive personal information:
- Face-to-face (directly from you)
- By telephone
- By email
- Application Form
- Via relatives
- Via members of the M.D.T (Clinical professionals)
- Department of Work & Pensions
- Overt Surveillance Cameras
5. What We Do with Your Personal Information
We will only use service user personal information in the provision of public services; nursing, residential, daycare, domiciliary and supporting living care; to meet regulatory requirements, such as CQC and any regional local authority audits. We will not share information for any other purpose.
We use your information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business;
- Consult with other care services and health professionals, such as; GPs, Hospitals, Physios, Dieticians, Psychologists.
- Send you important information about changes to our policies or services, other terms and conditions and other administrative information;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; providing care, finance and accounting; payroll; billing and collections; IT systems; business continuity; and record management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access, correction or removal;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations such as those relating to care; complying with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities and litigation; and
Your information will only be used for the above-mentioned purposes and will never be sold or rented.
Sharing of Information
If deemed necessary for the completion of our service, or to comply with legal requirements, Jaffray Care may make your information available to:
- External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; travel and medical assistance providers; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; claim investigators and adjusters; translators; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities;
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court actions, including, but not limited to, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies; third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other third parties, such as emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services); medical networks, organizations and providers; travel carriers; and other people involved in an incident that is the subject of a claim.
Personal information may also be shared with other health and social care professionals in order to provide safe and effective care in the pursuit of the public interest. We will share information to families based on consent, legal basis & lasting power of attorney; acting in the best interest of the service user.
The only exception will be when we are required by law to provide information e.g. criminal investigation, or overriding legitimate interest, which overrides your rights and freedoms.
6. How We Keep Your Information Safe
We have a range of practices and policies designed to keep your information safe. Including, but not limited to:
- IT security
- Data Protection Inspections
- Accessing files
- Information Asset Register
- Data Security Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Protection Training Policy
- Confidentiality Clause and Use of Information Policy
- Record Retention and Disposal Policy
- Data Breach Policy & Procedure
7. How Can Personal Information Held by Jaffray Care be Accessed
There are procedures in place to enable individuals to access their information. The right to access includes both the information and any uses which we might have made of the information.
The right to access your personal information – Subject to any relevant exemptions, you are entitled to see a copy of the personal information that we hold about your and can request details of how we use your personal information. To exercise this right, please contact us. There will not usually be a charge for dealing with requests, except in certain circumstances.
The right to rectification – We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is reliable and as accurate and complete as necessary for its intended purposes; but you are entitled to ask us to update or amend any inaccuracies in the information held. To request us to update or amend any personal information, please contact us.
Other rights – Under certain conditions, you may also have the right to
- Delete personal information where we no longer have grounds to retain it.
- Where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent.
If you contact us to exercise any of these rights, we will reply to confirm your right to do so and respond in most cases within 30 days.
8. How Long We Keep Information
We have a record retention policy that is strictly adhered to, that meets regulatory, statutory and good practice requirements.
Retention is recorded in the Information Asset Register which is reviewed and updated regularly.
9. How We Keep our Privacy Notices up to Date
The staff appointed to control the process of personal information are designated to assess all privacy risks continuously and to carry out periodic reviews of the policies annually.
10. Other Websites
12. How to Contact Us
Jaffray Care is data controller for all personal data processed by Jaffray Care or on our behalf. Any issues relating to the processing of personal data by or on behalf of the Jaffray Care may be addressed to:
39 Jaffray Crescent
Telephone: 0121 377 2420
Any changes to the Privacy Notice will be made available here.